Dear partners and colleagues,
Now that further assessments have been completed and more information has come to hand, we are able to provide updates on the situation in New Zealand.
* Continues to work on the damage to Aratere’s berth; therefore, all scheduled Aratere sailings until Sunday 4 December will be transferred to other ships.
*The below temporary timetable will remain in place until Sunday 4 December.
Wellington to Picton
*08.30 (KAITAKI) -replacing the 09.00 departure
*15.30 (KAIARAHI) – replacing the 14.45* and 17.00
*Departs at normal time of 1445 on Sunday 27th
Picton to Wellington
*09.30 (KAIARAHI) – replacing the 09.05 and 10.45
*14.00 (KAITAKI) – replacing the 14.15 and 18.45**
**Departs 19.30 on Sunday 27th
* Both vessels, the Strait Feronia and Straitsman, are now sailing on their regular schedule after the recent earthquake however delays are still expected due to damaged infrastructure.
Kiwi Rail – Coastal Pacific (unchanged)
* The Coastal Pacific rail service has been suspended until further notice.
* TranzAlpine, Northern Explorer and Capital Connection services are all running as normal.
* With the closure of State Highway 1, the Lewis Pass route will be carrying higher volumes of traffic and people are being urged to allow extra time for their journeys. People should allow an additional 90 minutes to 2 hours for the journey between Christchurch and Picton on the Lewis Pass route – average journey times between Christchurch and Picton are currently expected to take 7-7.5 hours. Fuel, food and toilet stops are available along the route in Culverden, Springs Junction and Murchison.
* The Inland route in and out of Kaikoura is NOT open.
For traffic updates visit www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic
If you and your clients have any queries or concerns about their current New Zealand plans, please advise them to email us email@example.com or call our Emergency Phone +64 27 209 2323 for assistance.
Thank you for all your continued support and understanding during this time. We will keep you updated as we work through the changes.
Your APTC New Zealand Team