Hamilton Island will be welcoming guests back to the island from Saturday the 8th April, 2017 FOR EXISTING BOOKINGS ONLY.
Note: The resort is still partly damaged and there are a number of restrictions.
- Reef View Hotel and Palm Bungalows – re-opening with reduced capacity from this Saturday 8th April.
- Beach Club will re-open from Thursday 13 April, 2017
- Some Holiday Homes will be available from Saturday 15 April, 2017
- Qualia – reopening for existing bookings from 1st of June, 2017
It is important all guests travelling to Hamilton Island in April understand the damage sustained through Cyclone Debbie.
For example the vegetation on Hamilton Island has been damaged – no leaves on trees, palm trees missing fronds; there will be minor construction occurring in parts of the island; the main pool area will not be open for swimming until 15 April (TBC) and minor maintenance such as painting is scheduled for some public areas.
Guests who wish to still travel on their original dates in April will be offered a resort credit to the value of AUD$100 per night, per room, which can be used toward dining and available activities. This is valid for bookings arriving in April only.
For guests with travel planned in April who wish to cancel their bookings, will be refunded. Please note: Standard amendment and cancellation charges will apply for all bookings 1 May, 2017 and beyond.
Impact on activities:
- Great Barrier Reef and Diving trips will not be possible for a 4-6 weeks period.
- Cruise Whitsundays and Explore will be running a reduced schedule of tours to Whitehaven Beach. There has been some damage to the beach, which will be fixed by natural tides over the coming weeks. Hill Inlet is closed until further notice.
- Snorkelling tours are operational but alternate locations to those scheduled depending on sand shifting with tides
- Hamilton Island Sports Club is under renovation
- The Wildlife Park is currently closed. A date for when it will re-open is dependent on the extent of renovations required and will be advised.
Our team will be in contact with our agents with affected bookings. For the most up-to-date details on all tours, restaurants, activities and facilities refer to www.hamiltonisland.com.au/hamilton-island-re-opening