Official Press Release from the InterContinental Hotel, French Polynesia
Reopening of the InterContinental Resorts in Tahiti and Bora Bora
After several weeks of an unprecedented and challenging situation for our beautiful destination, our hotels and our clients, we are pleased to announce the reopening of our portfolio of luxury hotels in French Polynesia. In response to the country’s recent announcement to re-open “Tahiti and her Islands” to international tourists, the InterContinental Tahiti Resort and Spa will resume operations on July 1st, 2020 followed by the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa and the InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana Resort on July 15th, 2020.
With zero active cases of COVID-19 reported since May 29th, 2020, French Polynesia will become the first South Pacific tourist destination to reopen its borders after the Covid-19 outbreak. International travelers will be welcomed from July 15th, 2020. You may visit Tahiti Tourisme website (https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/) for more details.
InterContinental Resorts French Polynesia will reopen with enhanced sanitation and operational best practices in accordance with the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as local health authorities and governmental advisories. These measures include but are not limited to:
• Partnership with a local medical organization to approve all our sanitary processes, support and train our team members.
• Hand-sanitizer stations are available throughout the hotels (Alcohol-based 60% or more).
• Maximum number of guests in each public area will be indicated to provide optimal physical distancing.
• Floor markers and signage will be provided to encourage guests to practice proper social distancing.
• Face masks or coverings are required for all team members.
• Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
• Transportation services will adhere to social distancing guidelines and sanitation procedures.
• Card or contact-less payment will be encouraged.
• Guestrooms have been redesigned without decorative pillows, magazines and other non-essential items to allow for greater peace of mind.
• Items that cannot be cleaned using detergents such as upholstered furniture and mattresses, will be steam cleaned accordingly.
• Pool furniture will be disinfected frequently.
• Fitness equipment is positioned to provide for physical distancing.
• To ensure a comfortable and safe dining experience, tables and chairs have been removed and spaced throughout the Restaurant and Bar areas to allow for physical distancing.
• Restaurant furniture and menus are sanitized after each use.
We want to address our most sincere gratitude for your support in these difficult times. We look forward to welcoming our clients again in our serene islands and in our hotels in Tahiti and Bora Bora.
For more information, we invite you to contact our sales teams or our reservations team available by phone (+689 40 86 51 78) and by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
With our best regards,
Area General Manager