As you are aware, due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, international flights out of Fiji are reduced and border restrictions are strictly enforced here and in many other countries.
If you are a German citizen or national still stranded in Fiji, please do the following:
1. Take any possible available flight out of Fiji to any destination that still accepts foreigners – you must check directly with your airline regularly as information might change each day.
2. Register yourself online on https://elefand.diplo.de/elefandextern/home/login!form.action. It is important that you do so because the German Government must have your full details as well as all those in your travelling party.
3. Email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is monitored by the German Embassy, Wellington, and be sure to Cc in Monika.Oldenburg@aptc.com.fj, the Honorary Consul for Germany. Please bear with them if you do not receive a response right away. They are working extremely hard to find a solution for all Germans stranded not only in Fiji but in the entire Pacific region.
4. Visit the nearest Immigration office if your visa has expired or is about to expire to ensure that they are renewed to still be within the legal requirements of the country.
7. Seek medical advice – If you feel unwell, consult a medical professional. If you are staying at a hotel around the Nadi or Denarau area, the best clinic to visit is Zens Medical Centre in either Denarau (within walking distance from any Denarau hotel and driving distance from Port Denarau), Namaka or Nadi Town. Call them ahead on 670 3533 / 708 0209. For anyone staying outside Nadi area (except Denarau), please seek assistance from your hotel reception desk staff for information on the best pharmacy and medical professional to visit.
8. If you or someone you know is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please immediately call the helpline. Here are the numbers to call:
- In the Western Division (Nadi, Denarau, Sigatoka) call 2219907;
- In the Central Division call 2219905;
- In the Eastern Division call 2219906;
- In the Northern Division call 2219908.
9. Keep calm – Exercise caution, but do not panic.
Please consider sharing this post among your social media connections and everyone in your travelling party.
Vinaka! Stay safe and well,
Your APTC Fiji Team
Fiji’s Ministry of Health Puts Extra Measures in Place as Fourth COVID-19 Case Confirmed in Fiji. Read more here
A helpful way to stay up to date with international travel restrictions is through the official travel advisory sites of your destination country; please see the list below:
Rolling updates on coronavirus disease (COVID-19) by the World Health Organisation
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control – Visit their site for their COVID-19 Situation update worldwide. Or visit their social media pages:Twitter,Facebook,Youtube,LinkedIn,Vimeo, Slideshare.